Lemon Strawberry Bread
STRAWBERRIES: One of the most antioxidant rich foods available, strawberries also contain an amazing combination of phytonutrients. Strawberries have a very short shelf life before their nutrients start to degrade rapidly, so its best to eat them as fresh as possible.
Serves about 6-8
1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
4 Tbsp tapioca starch
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthum gum
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
Zest of one lemon
1/3 cup neutral oil of choice (I use coconut or sunflower)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup milk of choice
3 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed (from 1-2 lemons)
1 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
1 cup fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the one to 325℉. Prepare your 9x5 in loaf pan with nonstick spray (or rub with oil). Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and lemon zest until everything is evenly distributed. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 Tbsp of the flour mixture and set aside.
3. In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together oil, yogurt, milk, lemon juice, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, gently mixing with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Once the bread has cooled, whisk together confectioners’ sugar lemon juice in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over the top of the bread. Slice and enjoy!